The ArmTutor allows for isolated elbow and shoulder and combination elbow and shoulder functional exercise practice. The system provides detailed exercise instructions and precise feedback on the patients exercise performance and improvement. Controlled practice of multi joints within the normal movement pattern prevents the development of undesired and compensatory joint movement and ensures better performance of functional tasks.
The ArmTutor can be combined with functional electrical stimulation (FES) to increase active movement ability by introducing assisted active practice. In addition the occupational and physical therapist can set up functional tasks together with the movement biofeedback from the ArmTutor so that the patient is encouraged to use a combination of arm and hand practice. The movement instructions and feedback given by the dedicated rehabilitation software prevents the development of undesired and compensatory joint movement and ensures better performance of functional tasks.
The system is used by many leading physical and occupational therapy centres worldwide and has CE and FDA certification.
Fine motor, sensory and cognitive impairments
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Head injuries
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Muscle weakness
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Post orthopedic surgery e.g. tendon transfer
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Upper/ lower extremity movement dysfunction
- Strength and balance training
- Evaluation and analysis including speed, assive and active range of motion and motion analysis
- Documentation & Reports for objective evaluation and treatment follow up
- Controlled & Customized real-time accurate feedback on patient performance
- Motivating & Challenging rehabilitation games suitable for a wide variety of neurological and orthopedic injury and disease
- Movement biofeedback prevents development of undesired and compensatory movements